About the Recipe
Beets, Lentils, and Chickpeas are the main ingredients in this mouth-watering burger recipe.
- 1 cup diced, cooked golden beets
- 1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked short grain brown rice
- 2 egg replacers
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup drained, smashed chickpeas
Place all ingredients into a large bowl. Use hands to mix all ingredients together. Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts. Form each part into a ball, the shape into burger patty. Add a teaspoon of oil to a pan over medium-high heat.
Place 4 patties in the pan. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes. Repeat for remaining 4 patties. Prepare the burger buns by smearing mustard on one half and mayo on the other half. Place burger on bottom bun and top with fixings to your liking.
Serve with a side of oven-roasted sweet potato wedges and enjoy!
YIELD: 8 burgers