About the Recipe
This pesto recipe uses vegetable broth, which helps achieve a creamy texture without as much oil as more traditional recipes.
Makes about 1 Cup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 5 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
YIELD: 1 cup I PREP TIME: 5 min I BLEND TIME: 5 min I TOTAL TIME: 10 min