About the Recipe
Black eyed peas make for an unusual and healthy base in this spin on a classic vegan slider patty!
- 3 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1 ½ cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons organic tahini
- 1 tablespoon spike
- 1 teaspoon blackening spice
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fine black pepper
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sprouted 7-grain dinner roll
- red onion
- red leaf lettuce
- avocado slices
- sliced tomato
- organic dijon mustard
- grapeseed oil vegenaise
Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large mixing bowl, mash the black-eyed peas.
Add the sweet potatoes, seasonings, and oil. Mix well. Form slider patties using golf ball sized scoops of the mixture. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes (until golden).
Assemble patty on dinner roll with toppings and serve.