Welcome! You’ve been invited to apply for the Whole Cities Foundation’s 2023-2024 Community First Grant.
The Community First Grant supports nonprofits focused on long-term fresh, healthy food access and nutrition education that are engaged with Whole Foods Market Team Members (employees) in the U.S. and Canada.
Since launching the grant program in 2016, Team Members (TM) have helped us award 342 grants in 128 cities, investing over $2,203,000. Nearly 200 Team Members from 100 Whole Foods Market stores and every store support office have participated.
This year, a Team Member recommended your organization for the grant program, and their nomination has been selected! You can find a list of the Whole Foods Market Team Members participating in the program here.
Explore this page for all relevant information for the 2023-2024 Community First Grant, such as eligibility, the grant application process, and previous partners.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whole Cities supports nonprofit organizations in local communities that are helping to expand healthy food access. This includes community gardens, mobile markets, healthy cooking classes and more. Learn more about the types of projects we support and what we look for in a partner:
- Projects that will broaden long-term access to fresh, healthy food and/or nutrition education
- U.S.: 501(c)3 nonprofits and organizations partnered with a 501(c)3 nonprofit
CA: Canadian registered charity or partnered with a Canadian registered charity
- Locally led organizations (Not all Team Members, board members, and volunteers must be residents of the community served, but robust community representation is important.)
- Organizations with strong community engagement that request and use feedback from their community
- Programs focused on serving adults and/or older youth (ages 16-22)
We Don’t Fund:
- Food Donation or Food Redistribution Programs (ex: food banks or food pantries)
- Fitness or Arts Programs
- Programs primarily focused on children or based in schools
Before you begin the application, you can preview it here.
Here’s How to Apply:
- Click this Submittable link: 2023 Community First Grant: Partner Application
- Create an account or Log In
- Fill Out the application
- Upload the following to your application and submit:
- 5-10 photos of your work in action
- Your or your fiscal agent’s IRS 501c3 determination letter
- Form 990 (if you do not complete an Organizational Financial Statement Form)
|August 14||Invitation to apply|
|September 14||Deadline to apply|
|October||Review of applications|
|Mid-November||CFG partners announced|
MEET OUR PREVIOUS PARTNERS
We’ve funded a variety of projects and programs by many unique community partners.
Browse through our 2022-2023 Community First Grant Partners here.